- Saskatchewan PNP invites 621 candidates with tech work experience
- Express Entry: Canada issues another 4,200 ITAs
- British Columbia issues 407 invitations in new PNP draw
- Canada gives second chance to PNP applicants who lost jobs to coronavirus
- New immigration measures to support Lebanon
- Immigrants can boost productivity for Canadian businesses, study finds
- P.E.I. issues record-breaking number of invitations in latest draw
- Online Canadian citizenship testing is no quick fix
- More details released on who can apply for employer-specific work permits without leaving Canada
Hong Kong is offering permanent citizenship to foreign nationals who are talented and ready to add to the economy of the nation. Hong Kong QMAS Visa is one such arrangement for competitors intending to move to the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) of the People’s Republic of China (PRC).
Hong Kong QMAS Visa is a “quota based” entrance conspire for skilled far off nationals who pick to settle in Hong Kong. QMAS is a truncation for Quality Migrant Admission Scheme. In this relocation cycle, it isn’t required for the possibility to have a work offer from a neighborhood Hong Kong business yet there are certain prerequisites and the candidate must satisfy them all before applying for movement to Hong Kong with the QMAS plot.
Each Candidate fills his/her application under one of the two points-based tests, namely the General Points Test and Achievement-based Points Test . The candidate is then awarded points based on his/her personal details of education, work experience, and his/her caliber to be a catalyst to the economic growth of the nation. Based on these points, each candidate then competes with the other applicants for quota allocation.
There are sure necessities for qualification to QMAS Visa application, below is the detailed information :
1. Age – The candidate must be atleast 18 years of age at the time of recording the application under the Hong Kong QMAS Visa scheme
2. Financial Stability – The candidate must have the option to feature the money related abilities of supporting himself/herself and dependants, assuming any, with no open help from the Hong Kong government during their stay.
3. Character Certificate – There must not be a criminal history of the applicant anyplace in the World.
4. Language Proficiency – As a significant necessity of QMAS, the applicant must be proficient (i.e. both written and spoken) either in English or Chinese (Putonghua or Cantonese) .
5. Educational Qualification – The applicant must have a good education background, normally a first degree from a recognized university or a tertiary educational institution. In special circumstances, good technical qualifications, proven professional abilities and/or experience and achievements supported by documentary evidence may be considered.
In the absence of supporting records, the competitor’s application may not be handled further and he/she may quickly be sent a refusal for movement to Hong Kong.
Point based test
Option 1 : General points test
The minimum passing points for the General Points Test is 80. Each candidate must assess their personal details to see if their points tally is above the minimum passing score before submitting the application That means the applicants need to score at least 80 out of 195 points in order to qualify for QMAS visa. Please note, the passing points are subject to change without any prior notice.
Option 2 : Achievement-based Points Test
A candidate with exceptional talent or skill set may opt to fill the application under the Achievement-bases Points Test and be assessed separately on the basis of his or her achievements. The requirements and skill expectations for candidates is very high under this test. Those who are considered to have met one of the criteria under will be awarded 225 points; otherwise, no point will be awarded.
- Receiving award for distinctive achievement, such as Nobel prize or an Olympic medals , national award
- On getting acknowledgment for significant contribution to a particular field ; a lifetime achievement award
- Completed Application Form (English or Chinese Version)
- A copy of the personal particulars page of your passport. If you are currently staying in Hong Kong, a copy of your passport page containing the latest arrival stamp/extension of stay label in Hong Kong.
- A completed Dependants visa application form along with supporting documents for each of the accompanying dependant family members.
- A copy of proof of personal net worth like bank statements, bank certificates, statement showing the current market value of investments, valuation report showing the current market value of real estate, latest audited financial statements of a business, your percentage of shareholding in a business, creditor’s statement showing the amount of outstanding personal debt etc.
- A copy of proof of language proficiency in English or Chinese like the result of a recognized language test (IELTS or TOEFL for English, PSC or HSK for Chinese)
- A copy of proof of academic qualifications like graduation certificates, transcripts of academic records etc.
- A copy of proof of relevant work experience like employment reference letter, employment contract etc. (if you are employed with a company), official company registration documents showing your position in the business (if you own a business), client reference letter (if you are self-employed) etc.
- A copy of evidence of key career accomplishments and future plan in Hong Kong
Application procedure & Timeline –
During the selection process, the candidates who fulfill the prerequisites and have scored the desired minimum marks are ranked on the basis of their scores. The highest scoring applications are shortlisted for further assessment. At this stage, the Director of Immigration may consult the Advisory Committee, formed by official and non-official members appointed by the Chief Executive of HKSAR and discuss the final selection of talented and skilled candidates for immigration to Hong Kong.
Those who have secured high ranks will be short-listed for further assessment, where factors such as the socio-economic needs of Hong Kong, the sectoral mix of candidates and other relevant factors, will be considered in order to allocate the available quota in each selection exercise.
The result of the quota allotment will be published on the Immigration Department website within 15 days after the result of the exercise is known. The annual quota stands at 1000 entrants.
If you are allotted a quota in the selection exercise, an Approval-in-principle letter will be issued to you.
The applicants who receive the letter are then asked to visit Hong Kong for an in-person interview and for verification of all documents that they had submitted during the application process. The candidates may visit Hong Kong on a visitor visa for this purpose.
Once the Immigration authorities are satisfied that all statements made or information provided during the application are true and complete, you will be granted formal approval.
Within one week of granting formal approval, you and your dependants will be issued with an entry visa/entry permit for stay in Hong Kong under the Hong Kong QMAS Visa Scheme. Most visas issued under this scheme are valid for a one-year period.
Hong Kong allows foreign nationals to bring in dependents. Successful applicants under the Scheme may bring their spouse and unmarried dependent children under the age of 18 to Hong Kong provided that they are capable of supporting and accommodating their dependants on their own financial resources without relying on public assistance in Hong Kong. The dependents are allowed to work or study in Hong Kong on this visa. The applicant must submit all dependent’s visa applications along with their own entry permit applications..
The QMAS visa is issued usually for 1-year. You as a visa holder you can renew this visa at least four weeks before your limit of stay expires.
HOW CAN TRUVISORY IMMIGRATION HELP YOU?
We at truvisorys immigration will keep you updated and assist you at all times regarding the various stages of the process like :
Immigration documents checklist
Complete application handling
Structures, documentation and application filing
Quest for new employment administrations
Post-landing support in Hong Kong
If you are planning to settle in Hongkong with your family for better future and better quality of life connect with us today to get hassle free immigration service.
Even qualified businessmen and self employed can also apply under the point based test system !!!