- Saskatchewan PNP invites 621 candidates with tech work experience
- Express Entry: Canada issues another 4,200 ITAs
- British Columbia issues 407 invitations in new PNP draw
- Canada gives second chance to PNP applicants who lost jobs to coronavirus
- New immigration measures to support Lebanon
- Immigrants can boost productivity for Canadian businesses, study finds
- P.E.I. issues record-breaking number of invitations in latest draw
- Online Canadian citizenship testing is no quick fix
- More details released on who can apply for employer-specific work permits without leaving Canada
Quebec Skilled Worker Program 2020?
Quebec is the second most densely populated province of Canada, after Ontario. It has predominantly French-speaking population, with French as the sole provincial official language. People here enjoy all the four-seasons continental with cold and snowy winters integrated with warm to hot, humid summers, but long winter seasons dominate. Quebec is known for the world-glorious Château Frontenac, its rich history, cobblestone streets, European architecture and fortifications.
One of the main reasons for being an admirable immigration destination is its suitable and skill oriented immigration system established by the Quebec state government. It is in association with the federal Canadian immigration system and is formulated to provide a confluent of trained professionals with PR status who can sincerely and vigorously contribute to enhance its economy.
The Quebec Skilled Worker Program was entrenched to expedite the migration of trained workers into Quebec without ponderous immigration process. The Mon Projet Quebec program was initiated by the Quebec authorities which allows nominated candidates to apply for theCSQ (Quebec Selection Certificate or Certificat de sélection du Québec). The fascinating characteristic of this program is that the applicants don’t require a job offer for immigration. Although the aspirants who have the placement appointment letter are given priority, as these applicants demonstrate congruence to Quebec, both commercially and domestically.
Are you an enthusiastic aspirant who wants to migrate permanently and make your career in Quebec in 2020? Don’t wait for anything, simply contact Truvisory Immigration who offers the finest Quebec immigration services in India. We have experienced and responsible professionals who will guide you how to fabricate a successful application for immigration to Quebec. Fill our free assessment form to get started.
Quebec Skilled Worker Program Latest News 2020
USA Work Experience Valid in Quebec
Quebec Skilled Workers Program (QSWP) has made some amendments. The modification will be based on ranking and organization of the skilled workers for nomination in the Quebec province of Canada.
Now, as per the latest update, there are two groups for classification under Quebec Skilled Workers Program (QSWP)
- Candidates who have a job offer or they are living in Quebec or meet particular criteria (like work permit of Quebec)
- Candidates who live outside Quebec
The scoring scheme for the first and second group will vary from each other. The first group will be judged on the basis of age, Quebec diploma, Canadian or USA work experience, French language proficiency, other languages, education and adaptability into consideration. On the other hand, the second group, who are non-residents of Quebec, the scoring factors will be age, Quebec diploma, Canadian work experience, training that Quebec has listed on-demand, French proficiency, other languages, education and adaptability. Both groups, however, will consider skill negotiability in marking.
The Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSWP) is a renowned nomination program around the globe. Freshly, it is proclaimed that the Quebec immigration authorities will be allowing the acceptance of additional 5,000 new application entries. This announcement brings a sigh of relief and a hope for the aspirants. The application will be entertained on the basis of first-come, first-serve, therefore, you must apply as soon as possible.
For the introductory phase, the minimum points required by an applicant are elevated to 43 points from 42 for a single applicant, but for couples it is 2 points up from the previous i.e.50. In the final phase, the base points score is 50 points for single applicants while it has been raised to 59 for couples. Want help in moving to Quebec? Fill out our free assessment form to get started right away.
Benefits of Moving to Quebec
Immigration to Quebec seems beneficial and lucrative to businessmen in the following manner:
- A healthy society with an ethnically diverse community providing an ideal culture and environment for raising a family.
- Those with PR status can avail the same social and health care benefits available to regular citizens from the Quebec government.
- Quebec offers scores of educational and employment opportunities with its diverse state economy.
- The PR processing time is one of the shortest and easiest among all Canadian provinces.
- It provides a swift method of entering Canada
- The province is one of the highest rated among all top immigration destinations and comes with a special pollution-free tag
Minimum Requirements for Settling in Quebec
The lower limits of applying for a CSQ and successfully entering into Quebec, Canada are enlisted underneath:
- You should be above 18 years old at the time of application
- You should be proficient in English or French and be able to showcase the same through an IELTS or CLB score. (Note: for IELTS minimum score is 6 per band and for CLB minimum score is CLB 5)
- It would be ideal to have a job offer from a Quebec employer
- You should have the minimum work experience required within the past 5 years and must provide documented evidence of the same.
- Candidates will be required to have job relevant diplomas, degrees and certification and be required to submit the same to relevant authorities
- Candidates must also be able to show legal evidence of possessing enough funds to settle and sustain themselves in Quebec
Language Requirements for Immigration to Quebec
The IELTS and CLB are the two main tests accepted by the Quebec provincial government in English. In case you are a French speaker the French language Test d’évaluation du français (TEF) or Diplômed’études en langue française (DELF) are accepted by the Quebec immigration authorities. The minimum eligibility requirements for each test are as follows:
|Category||Minimum IELTS Score||Minimum TEF Score|
Kindly note that apart from scoring the minimum prescribed grade, the scores must not be matured enough than 24 months at the time of submission.
Minimum Funds Required to Settle in Quebec
The provincial government of Quebec mandates all applicants to submit adequate proof of the funds needed to settle and support themselves and their families (if applicable) once they have immigrated. The following is the list of the minimum funds required by the government to allow passage into Quebec:
|Number of Family members||Required Funds|
|1 adult and 1 child (under 18 years old)||$4,052|
|1 adult and 2 children (under 18 years old)||$4,574|
|1 adult and 3 children (under 18 years old)||$5,096|
|1 adult and more than 3 children under 18 years old||$522 per child|
|1 adult and 1 child (or more) 18 years old or older||$1,406 per child|
|2 adults and 1 child (under 18 years old)||$4,954|
|2 adults and 2 children (under 18 years old)||$5,347|
|2 adults and 3 children (under 18 years old)||$5,739|
|2 adults and more than 3 children under 18 years old||$393 per child|
|2 adults and 1 child (or more) 18 years old or older||$1,406 per child|
Documents Necessary of Immigration Application to Quebec
The Quebec government has unveiled the credentials checklist mandatory for immigration. Every application must be corroborated along with this paperwork. Any error or failure will not be entertained and will be declared as disqualified. Afterwards, the candidate has to reapply with fresh documents. Therefore, to avoid such mistakes it is advisable to consult the experienced professionals before submitting the application. The documents needed by the Quebec government for the application process are here as under:
- Identity and Civil Status Documents: These documents are required by the government to ascertain the identity of the candidate as the native of their country and hold legal status there. Birth certificate, marriage certificate, ID Cards like voter ID, PAN Card, etc. Are some of the documents which you can submit in order to fulfil this criteria.
- Occupational Background/Work Experience: These documents will sufficiently establish your previous work experience and your general field of occupation. Please note here that the minimum work experience required must be within the last 10 years from the date of submission.
- Travelling: All candidates need to possess and produce valid and legal travelling documents. Ideally applicants will submit copies of their visa and passpostissed from authorities in their native country and contain information like date of validity, expiry, date of issue etc.
- Proof of Language Proficiency: All applicants must submit a valid proof of language proficiency which is no older than 24 months at the time of submission of application. Note here that language proficiencies are also subject to employer requirements.
- Children Certificate: Candidate needs to submit child birth documents, legal documents showing the birth date, name and parents name with authorized signature or stamp wherever applicable.
- Police Clearance Certificate: An important criterion for official clearance, which ensures that the immigrant has not been involved in a crime in their native country. The certificate cannot be older than 6 months at the time of application and must have the candidates’ latest photographs attached with it.
Quebec Immigration Process 2020
The immigration process involves just two simple steps, but these in themselves contain several sub-stages which need to be completed in order for further assessment. The steps are as follows:
Step 1: In this step, you will first make your application to the Quebec immigration authorities. Following this they will verify the documents you have submitted. This may take up to 41 months to verify all documents and might also ask you to furnish them with the original documents. Note here that it is advised that you understand how the points calculation system of the QSWP works to better substantiate your immigration application. You should also understand the high-demand occupation list and see if you qualify for one of these professions.
Step 2 : In this step, the Quebec authorities will issue you a CSQ which will allow you to officially migrate to Quebec and live there with your family. This preliminary phase may take up to 3 months to be completed. After this you can apply for a Permanent Resident visa.The federal government will issue you the PR visa and for this you will need to fulfil the given criteria as set by the central government and the IRCC. This process may take up to 9 months.
Quebec Skilled Worker Program Processing Times 2020
The Quebec skilled worker program is a distinguished scheme as compared to other PNPs of Canada in the scenario that it has its own immigration criteria and is not in association with a federal skilled worker program of the Express Entry system. Eventually, its every norm is different viz. Processing time. Average time taken to process an application is 13 months, after which the applicants who are nominated are issued a certificate de sélection du Québec (CSQ). Here we need to note that the time mentioned above is only for the federal immigration process and the time taken after issue of the CSQ will vary.
If you are seriously willing as well as eager to migrate to Quebec then fill out the free assessment form of Truvisory Immigration to seek the advice of our hotshot professionals. We assure your migration to Quebec as quick as lightning. Therefore, contact us today!
There are nine eligibility Criteria for the Quebec Skilled Workers Program (QSWP) which will help in identifying the skilled candidate who will ultimately boom the economy of Quebec. In order to prove his capability the applicant should score at least 50 points and for those who apply to the spouse or common law partner should score at least 59 points. The demarcation of these categories is as follows: Training – These points are in two categories – education (in which maximum 14 points are allotted) and areas of training (in which maximum 12 points are allotted). This category holds a total of 26 points. In the education category the candidate should hold at least secondary school certificate for selection in the Quebec Skilled Workers Program(QSWP) and the level of education should be obtained at least five years before applying for the Quebec Skilled Workers Program (QSWP).
The education points for the Quebec region can be understood as below:
|Education||Maximum 14 points|
|General High School Diploma||2 points|
|Vocational High School Diploma||6 points|
|General Post-Secondary School Diploma (Full time 2 years)||4 points|
|Technical Post-Secondary School Diploma (Full time 1 year and 2 years)||6 points|
|Undergraduate degree (full time)||I year – 4 points 2 years – 6 years, 3 years – 10 points|
|Master’s Degree||12 points|
These are the areas of Training will make the Canadian authorities comprehend that which candidates are suitable for jobs in Quebec and for this the list of training is available to help the candidates determine the classification – Areas of Training (Maximum Points 12)
- Section A – 12
- Section B – 9
- Section C – 6
- Section D – 2
- Section E – 0
- Section F – 0
- Section G – 0
Work Experience (Maximum 8 points) The eligible candidates in this category for the Quebec Skilled Workers Program (QSWP) will include all paid and unpaid employment. However, the remuneration and internship candidate’s qualification should be determined in accordance with training and educational program. Job Experience Grid:
- Less than 6 months – 0 points
- 6 Months to 1 year – 4 points
- 1 to 2 years – 4 points
- 2 to 3 years – 6 points
- 3 to 4 years – 6 points
- More than 4 years – 8 points
Age (Maximum 16 points) Canada has always opened doors for active young and skilled candidates in the country who have the potential to enhance the economy of the province. The selection grid for this category is listed below–
- 18 to 35 years – 16 points
- 36-year – 14 points
- 37 years – 12 points
- 38 years – 10 points
- 39 years – 8 point
- 40 years – 6 point
- 41 years – 4 point
- 42 years – 2 point
- 43 years – 0 points
Language Proficiency (Maximum 22 Points) Official language of Quebec is French. Therefore, it requires the candidate who has scored a maximum of 22 points in this category. The evidence of standardized test results is not accepted from any other organizations. French Knowledge test–
- CIEP: Test De Connaissance do Francis
- CIEP: Test de Connaissance Du Francias pour le Quebec
- CIEP: Diplôme approfondi de langue française (DALF)
- CIEP: Diplôme d’études en langue française (DELF)
- CCIP-IDF: Test d’évaluation do français (TEF)
- CCIP-IDF: Test d’évaluation du français adapté pour le Québec (TEFAQ)
- CCIP-IDF: Test d’évaluation du français pour le Canada (TEF Canada)
English Language test–
- Reading– CLB 1 to CLB 4 Beginner (0 points), CLB 5 to CLB 8 Intermediate (1 point), CLB 9 to CLB 12 Advanced (1 point)
- Writing– CLB 1 to CLB 4 Beginner (0 points), CLB 5 to CLB 8 Intermediate (1 point), CLB 9 to CLB 12 Advanced (1 point)
- Listening– CLB 1 to CLB 4 Beginner (0 points), CLB 5 to CLB 8 Intermediate (1 point), CLB 9 to CLB 12 Advanced (2 points)
- Speaking– CLB 1 to CLB 4 Beginner (0 points), CLB 5 to CLB 8 Intermediate (1 point), CLB 9 to CLB 12 Advanced (2 points)
Quebec Connection (Maximum 8 points) The candidates who were temporarily residing in Quebec or have a family member in the province are awarded 8extra points when nominated. Having a family member is given 3 points and stay in Quebec can provide 5 points. Family in Quebec-
- Spouse – 3 points
- Sibling – 3 points
- Parent – 3 point
- Child – 3 point
- Grandparent – 3 points
- Uncle or Aunty – 0 Points
- Nephew or Niece – 0 points
- Cousin – 0 points
Characteristics of Spouse (Maximum 17 points) The minimum required score for a candidate is much higher than the score that is required by a single candidate.
The list of marks for the spouse are as follows:
|Education||Maximum 4 points|
|General High School Diploma||1 point|
|Vocational High School Diploma||2 points|
|General Post-Secondary School Diploma (Full time 2 years)||1 points|
|Technical Post-Secondary School Diploma (Full time 1 year and 2 years)||6 points|
|Undergraduate degree (full time)||I year – 1 points 2 years – 2 years, 3 years – 3 points|
|Master’s Degree||4 points|
Spouse Areas of Training (Maximum Points 12)
- Section A – 4
- Section B – 3
- Section C – 2
- Section D – 1
- Section E – 0
- Section F – 0
- Section G – 0
Validated Job Offer (Maximum 10 points) There is a maximum of 10 points allocated in this category and the selection is based on the location of the job. The Validated Job offer Points grid is as follows:
- Validated Employment offers in Montreal areas – 8 points
- Validated Employment offer outside Montreal area – 10 points
Accompanying Children (Maximum 8 points) There is a maximum of 8 points allocated in this category and the selection is based as per the age grid:
- Per child under 13 years of age – 4 points
- Per child 13 to 19 years old – 2 points
Financial Self Sufficiency (Maximum 1 point) The candidates who meet the minimum settlement fund requirement for the Quebec region will get one point under the “Financial Autonomy” qualification category. It is mandatory to have one point to be eligible for the Skilled Workers Program. APPLY FOR THE PR STATUS OF CANADA THROGH QUEBEC SKILLED WORKERS PROGRAM What is the processing fee for Quebec Skilled Workers Program (QSWP)? The mandatory fee for applying to the Quebec Skilled Workers Program (QSWP) is as follows:
- Main Applicant: CAD $ 773
- Spouse or Common Law partner: CAD $166
- Dependent Children: CAD $166
A family of husband and wife and two children would like to pay off $ 1271 ($ 773 + $166 + $166 + $166) WHAT ARE THE WORK OPPRTUNITIES IN THE QUEBEC REGION? What are the recent developments related to Quebec region Immigration?
- As per the recent developments and speculations by the end of the year 2018, the Quebec Government will invite 49000 to 53000 immigrants in its domain. Under this schema maximum entry will be invited by the province after August, 2018 as prior to that only 5000 CSQ will be issued by the Quebec Province then in the last part of the year there will be a surge of immigrants to Canada.
- Further, the new immigration policy adopted by the province, “We are Quebec”, will attract foreign talent in the land. Through this policy, the Government of Quebec will also try to retain the immigrants who are there in Quebec on Temporary work visa and temporary study visas.
- Also, on March 28, 2018, the Quebec province introducing a selection process which will be based on the model of Express Entry program and the evaluation of the candidate from then on will be done on Point Measurement basis
How Truvisory Immigration Help you to get Permanent Resident Visa Quebec ?
If you go to Truvisory Immigration for a consultation, we promise to furnish you with expert guidance which will make you relieved and satisfied. Our trained professionals are generously responsible who can modify your application according to your needs.
We have a list of happy clientele be it job seekers or students from all over the country. We endeavor to turn dreams into reality and thrive in providing best consultancy services to our clients. Contact us today to take the advantage of our expert immigration services.