Saskatchewan Immigration Nomination Program
SINP Points Calculator
Saskatchewan well known for its grain farming and cold winters. It is also the world’s largest producer of potash. Saskatchewan bills itself as the “Land of Living Skies” and it does have magnificent sunsets, blue skies with puffy white clouds, northern lights, awesome storm skies, etc. What makes the Saskatchewan immigration program so pertinent now-a-days is its target of achieving skilled workers and trades person who can enhance its economy. The Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program or SINP offers provincial nominations to skilled applicants who want to apply for permanent residence (PR) in Canada. There are 200+ eligible occupations that are In-demand in the province. To check your eligibility, calculate your points through the SINP Points Calculator.
SASKATCHEWAN IMMIGRATION POINTS CALCULATOR 2020
The SINP allots a certain score to all applications on the basis of which they are invited to apply for PR status. The factors influencing the selection criteria are:
- Education and training
- Skilled work experience
- Language ability
- Connection to Saskatchewan labour market & Adaptability
Education and Training
Skilled work Experience
Connection to Saskatchewan Labour Market
Now we can explore a breakdown of the different categories which are scored in the points system.
FACTOR 1: EDUCATION AND TRAINING
A: EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Master’s or Doctorate degree
University Bachelor’s Degree (minimum 3 year program)
Trade Certification (equivalent to a Saskatchewan journey person and approved by the Saskatchewan Apprenticeship and Trades Certification Commission)
Degree, diploma or certificate (minimum 2 year program)
Degree, diploma or certificate (minimum 1 year program of study, or equivalent to a trade certificate.
FACTOR 2: SKILLED WORK EXPERIENCE
B: SKILLED WORK EXPERIENCE
a) In the 5 year period prior to application submission date
b) In the 6-10 year period prior to application submission date
Less than 1 year
FACTOR 3: LANGUAGE ABILITY
C: LANGUAGE ABILITY
TEF scores to CLB 4 through 10
CLB 8 and higher
English or French speaker without language test results
FACTOR 4: AGE
< 18 years
18 – 21 years
22 – 34 years
35 – 45 years
46 – 50 years
> 50 years
MAXIMUM POINTS FOR FACTOR I
The remaining points are allotted for having a strong connection to the Saskatchewan Labor Market, which is evidence of a genuine desire to settle in Saskatchewan and positively contribute to the local economy. The categories for assessment are:
FACTOR 5: CONNECTION TO SASKATCHEWAN LABOUR MARKET
II: CONNECTION TO SASKATCHEWAN LABOUR MARKET & ADAPTABILITY
Highly skilled employment offer from a Saskatchewan employer
Close family relative in Saskatchewan (The applicant or accompanying spouse has a parent, sibling, grandparent, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew, cousin and step-family members or in-laws, who is/are Canadian citizens and permanent citizens. The family members in Saskatchewan must meet the requirements as listed under “Required Documents” for your ISW sub-category)
Past work experience in Saskatchewan (At least 12 months of work in the past five years with a valid work permit)
Past student experience in Saskatchewan (At least one full-time academic year of study at a recognized Saskatchewan post-secondary education institution on a valid study permit)
MAXIMUM POINTS FOR FACTOR II
MAXIMUM POINTS TOTAL: I + II =
SASKATCHEWAN IMMIGRATION POINTS CALCULATOR 2020
The rudimentary benchmark for the calculation of the score is the Saskatchewan Immigration Points Calculator system. This system takes into consideration various factors like age, employability, work experience, education, and connection to Saskatchewan labor market. The minimal score needed to be eligible for invitation of apply for PR status is 60 out of a maximum 100.
WHAT IS MINIMUM REQUIREMENT TO APPLY FOR SINP?
SINP is in-line with the federal government’s Express Entry Program. This criteria enables the province to search the potential candidates in the express pool and invite them to apply for provincial nomination for Canada PR Visa.
Now, for an express entry candidate to be eligible to apply for SINP, they must meet the following requirements:
- A minimum score of 60 points in SINP’s point assessment grid
- Must have a valid Express Entry profile number and Job Seeker Validation Code
- Must have minimum Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 7 under language proficiency
- Minimum of 1 year of post-secondary education or training that must be equivalent to the Canadian education system
- Should have required work experience in an occupation that is categorized under the National Occupation Classification (NOC) skill type 0, A or B
- Must provide with a proof for sufficient settlement funds
WHAT IS THE PROCESS TO APPLY FOR SINP?
There is a total of 4 categories under the SINP:
- International Skilled Worker Category: This category is for skilled immigrants who are looking to live and work in the province as a permanent resident
- Saskatchewan Experience Category: This category is for foreign candidates who are currently living in the province
- Entrepreneur and Farm Category: This category is for immigrants who want to own and actively operate a business or farming operation in the province
To apply under SINP’s International Skilled worker OR Saskatchewan Experience Category candidates are first required to create an online profile under the federal government’s Express Entry Program. Once they submit their application into the express pool, they will be provided with a Profile number and Job Seeker Validation Code. After this candidate must follow the steps below:
- Get all the required documents.
- Review all the supporting documents and complete the application form
- Apply at SINP apply online.
- After receiving the ITA (as an EOI candidate), pay the fee (Saskatchewan Express Entry and Occupation In-demand only) and submit the application for Canada PR online
HOW TRUVISORY IMMIGRATION CAN HELP YOU?
Being the best immigration consultancy firm, Truvisory Immigration can help you attain and accomplish your immigration dreams in a timely and obstacle-free manner. Our experts are well versed in all the areas of immigration. They can easily let you migrate to your dream destination. So get in touch with us today.