Sponsored Provisional Visa (Subclass 491)
The enthusiastic, distinguished and proficient employees, who are anxious for long lasting accommodation in Australia, are authorized to dwell by State or Territory government in a regional or rural area only if they are sponsored by their relatives. The sustainability of this visa is for 4 years accompanied by living and working in the particular land as stated by the authorities. The applicant is allowed to accompany a family member in the solicitation.
Skilled nominated or sponsored provisional visa (Subclass 489) replaced both the offshore skilled – regional sponsored subclass 475 visa and the onshore subclass 487 visa in 2012-13.
AUSTRALIA EMPLOYER NOMINATION SCHEME?
The aspirant whose focus is permanent dwelling in Australia from India needs to reside in a regional or low population growth area for a minimum of 2 consecutive years along with working for 12 months in the same land. After completing the aforesaid time interval, the applicant is issued legalized permanent residence. To qualify for this visa, the applicant has to submit Expression of Interest (EOI) through the skill select program.
WHAT ARE THE CONDITIONS TO APPLY FOR THE SKILLED NOMINATED OR SPONSORED PROVISIONAL VISA (SUBCLASS 489)?
Skilled applicants have issued invitations to apply for the same. Now, in order to get the invitation, applicants need to meet the following requirements:
- The applicant needs to have work experience in the nominated occupation that must be listed on Australia’s MLSTSSL, STSOL
- The candidate needs to have their credentials and skills assessed by a recognized/relevant assessing authority.
- Must submit their Expression of Interest (EOI) via skill select program
- At the time of issuing of the invitation, the candidate needs to above 18 years of age and less than 50 years of age.
- Applicant must be able to meet general Skilled Migration basic requirements that include meeting English language proficiency requirement, health and character checks.
- Candidates also need to score minimum 65 points in the point assessment grid.
APPLICANT CAN INCLUDE FOLLOWING FAMILY MEMBERS IN THEIR APPLICATION FOR THE VISA:
- Applicant’s or partner’s dependent child
- Applicant’s or partner’s dependent relative
WHEN THE APPLICANT SUBMITS THE APPLICATION FOR THE VISA WITH THEIR DEPENDENTS, THEY ARE ENTITLED WITH THE FOLLOWING:
- Can live and work temporarily in a designated regional area in Australia
- Will be able to study in a specified regional area of the country.
- Can travel inside and outside of Australia for while the visa is valid
- Will be able to apply for permanent residency in the country via the Skilled Regional (Residence) visa (subclass 887) after the applicant is able to meet some certain conditions.
WHAT ARE THE OBLIGATIONS FOR THE AUSTRALIA SUBCLASS 489 VISA HOLDERS?
When the applicant is accoutred with subclass 489 visa, he is committed to follow some norms of the State or Territory executives. They are streamlined underneath
- Stay in that state or territory for a minimum duration of two years
- Keep the state or territory informed of any changes in the holder’s address
- Complete surveys and provide information when asked
HOW TO GET SPONSORED FOR THE AUSTRALIA SUBCLASS 489 VISA BY AN ELIGIBLE FAMILY MEMBER?
Eligibility criteria of sponsorship is that the candidate has to live and work in the designated zone for the specific time duration set by the Australian government. He is required to present the evidence of his dwelling and employment before the execution.
IN CASE THE APPLICANT IS NOT ABLE TO COMPLY WITH THE CONDITIONS, THEN FOLLOWING ACTIONS CAN BE TAKEN:
Applicant’s visa, and those of accompanying family members, will be cancelled
- The applicant will not be able to apply for any other provisional Skilled Regional Sponsored Visa
- The applicant may not be able to meet the minimum requirements needed to apply for permanent residence visa.
ELIGIBLE SPONSOR NEEDS TO BE RELATED TO THE APPLICANT OR APPLICANT’S PARTNER AS:
- A child – including a stepchild, or
- A parent – including a step parent, or
- A brother or sister – including adoptive or step-sibling, or
- A niece or nephew – including adoptive or step-niece or nephew, or
- An aunt or uncle – including adoptive or step-aunt or uncle, or
- A grandparent or first cousin
The applicant’s sponsor must be a resident in a designated area of Australia at the time of sponsorship.
WHICH ARE THE STATES OR TERRITORIES THAT PARTICIPATE IN SKILLED – NOMINATED (PROVISIONAL) VISA 2019?
Following are the list of the states or territories that are part of Australia subclass 489:
- New South Wales
- Northern Territory
- South Australia
- Western Australia
Candidates bearing visa subclass 495 and subclass 496 can appeal for visa extension with the help of the Australia visa subclass 489. If they are able to meet all the conditions of the visa, then they are able to apply for subclass 489 visa, which allows the holder to stay in Australia for one more year. Applicant’s dependants who was not included in the original application can also be eligible to apply for the visa.
WHAT ARE THE FEES TO APPLY FOR SKILLED REGIONAL (PROVISIONAL) SUBCLASS 489 VISAS?
Below mentioned are the fees that one needs to pay to apply for Australia subclass 489 visas:
- For SP489 skilled regional sponsored (Prov) – $3,755 AUD
- Additional fees for applying with 18+ years of age – $1,875 AUD
- Additional fees for applicant with less than 18 years of age – $940 AUD